Sometimes a blog post will almost write itself, I can tap away on my laptop (loudly I may add) without really thinking and there you go. But since my last post in 2020, (The Self Care Ideas You Need For a 2020 Christmas), I just haven’t known the next thing to write.
But now it’s MARCH. Three months into the year of 2021, where we’ve now got a roadmap to move onwards and upwards from Covid-19 and lockdown. Bring on June 21st we say – but also don’t because I’m anxious about post-lockdown life. It’s a REAL feeling.
So lets bring you up to speed with where I’ve been for the last three months…
- I’ve moved! I now reside in a one-bed flat with a balcony I’m hoping to turn into a beautiful space of plants. My first planting of seeds didn’t quite go to plan so I’ll have to keep you updated on that one. My instagram will feature quite a few updates – photos from my daily walks and the amazing rainbow refraction light in our flat!
- I’ve had the vaccine! Epilepsy is defined as an at-risk group for Covid-19, which put me into Group 6 ‘Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group’ and luckily receiving my first vaccination mid-February. It happened really quickly and I was super impressed with the organisation.
- I joined the lockdown birthday club! It was actually pretty fun – a day filled with walks, coffee, video calls, fajitas & drinks. Looking back on my birthday last year, we all had no idea this would happen.
- This blog has a new name! In my mind, I felt it was time for a change so the move to ‘www.writtenbyim.co.uk’ occurred. It feels a bit like a new start and hopefully you’ll be getting blog posts more often from now on.
- I’m attempting to read 35 books in 2021! For those who know me, this might not sound like a challenge, I’m a pretty fast reader. But reading isn’t in my routine, I’ll go months without reading a book and then read a few in a week. According to GoodReads, I’m 3 books behind progress with this goal…
And that’s that! Those are the positives I can take from the last 3 months and for some reason on this Sunday evening, my motivation to write is back. Maybe the spinach and feta pie I made from a Waitrose recipe card was magic?